Friday, June 1, 2012


Cinderella has Nothing on Me,          
                    …. that I know for sure!

What girl doesn’t like a good romantic fairy-tale?  My favorite is Cinderella.  As a young girl, I would imagine myself sliding my foot into the glass slipper, being rescued by prince charming, and living with him happily every after. 

It was with this mythical image of love that I entered into marriage. This month James and I will celebrate our 25th Wedding anniversary. This is a huge milestone for us in part because neither of our parents was happily married at their 25th-year mark, and because 25 years ago, James was recovering from a broken neck. The car accident occurred five-days before our originally planned wedding day.  It was a long 10 months to recovery, but through God’s grace, my prince and I  finally wed on June 20, 1987, just weeks after doctor’s removed James’ halo. 

As it is with all good fairy tales, our story is one of trials and triumphs. We’ve had our disappointments, setbacks, and challenges, but we’ve also had unforgettable experiences that have shaped and sharpened our commitment to each other.  There were the birth of our son, Jamison, international trips, family-shared holidays, and the every day expressions of love.   One thing I know for sure is that reality is better than myth; Cinderella has nothing on me. My prince and I live in reality and feel truly blessed to have shared 25 years together in love and in faith.

Yvette
      to God be the glory


No comments:

Post a Comment