Monday, April 2, 2012

Who's Laughing Now?

 Lesson on Keeping Fun in your Relationships


“What’s wrong?,” asked our personal trainer.  It was Saturday and my husband and I were at our 7:00 a.m. booth camp workout session.  “Oooh… nothing,” he replied.  “Then why the frown lines?,” she continued.  

I turned quickly to look, and sure enough he had frown lines at 7:00 a.m., as if he had just come out of a battle. Well, we were up at the crack-of-dawn on Saturday, and that could make anyone frown, especially when it’s the day you normally sleep in. Nevertheless, the question got me thinking about how busy we’ve been lately with the ministry’s new launch campaign and moving his business to the next level. This is an exciting time in our lives, but it’s not without some levels of stress.  So, I thought it was time to add a little fun back into our relationship.

April 1st, All Fool’s Day was the perfect stage to start.  By nature, my James is a laid-back, quick-witted, and funny-kind-of-guy.  Of course, those are some of the many characteristics I fell in love with.   The practical joke I played on him April 1st still has me laughing, and looking out for ‘I am going to get you back, just wait and see!’   The upside of playing a joke on a guy like my husband is that he will come back with something funnier and bigger than I played on him.  It’s all in the name of wholesome fun. We both have frown lines now; the only thing is that they are a result of laughing, and not stressing.
 
What about you?  Are you keeping some element of fun in your relationship?  It’s time to be intentional about having fun and enjoying our relationships.  I’ve made a vow to be intentional about keeping fun in my marriage from this day forward.  I’ve started planning all sorts of things to keep it going throughout the year.  Why don’t you join me?  

Throughout the year, I will share with you the fun things James and I are doing to keep our marriage alive and stress-free.  I would love for you to share with me your ideas, also.

May your life be filled with Love mixed with Faith,

Yvette

No comments:

Post a Comment